Stone Hand Finisher
Salary: £25,000 dependent on experience
Location: Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Responsible to: Production Manager
To hand finish objects and tiles to industry standards within a timely manner, meeting customers’ expectations.
Key Deliverables & Outcomes
1. Grind, sand and clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
2. Load and adjust workpieces onto equipment or work tables, using hand tools.
3. Measure and mark equipment, objects or parts to ensure grinding and polishing standards are met.
4. Verify quality of finished workpieces by inspecting them, comparing them to templates, measuring their dimensions or testing them in working machinery.
5. Transfer equipment, objects or parts to specified work areas, using moving devices.
6. Record product and processing data on specified forms.
7. Mark defects such as cracks and pits for repair.
8. Apply solutions and chemicals to equipment, objects or parts, using hand tools.
9. Repair and maintain equipment, objects or parts, using hand tools.
10. Sharpen abrasive grinding tools, using machines and hand tools.
11. Fill cracks or imperfections in marble with wax that matches the stone colour.
12. Always use safety equipment and specified clothing.
13. To work in the safest possible way as outlined in the risk assessment.
14. To notify your Line Manager of any Health & Safety concerns.
15. To act responsibly for your own safety and the safety of others.
If this sounds like the role for you please email your C.V. to Carolyn.email@example.com